Sima is a Syrian-American photographer based in Cairo, Egypt.
Her photographic work focuses on features, social documentaries, daily life and conditions of the Arab diaspora and the Arab world.
Her work has been published in The New York Times,TheGuardian, BuzzfeedNews, LA Times, NRC Handelsblad, The Daily Telegraph, The Globe and Mail, Foreign Policy among others, as well have produced international and regional work for aid organizations, like Save the Children, UNFPA and MSIF.
Awards & Recognition:
- 2016 James Foley Award for Conflict Reporting from the Online News Association
- Selected winner of American Photography Best of Photography 2015 AP32.
- Grant recipient of the 2015 Arab Documentary Photography Program from AFAC/Prince Claus Fund/Magnum Foundation.
Sima is a member of the Frontline Freelance Register and the Overseas Press Club of America.
- #Dysturb/Magnum Foundation @ Look3 Photo Festival, #ReframeClimate, 2016, US
- Chemins D'Exile/Caminos De Exilio, 2016 & 2017 year long exhibition across Spain (Madrid, Saragossa, Malaga, Alicante)
- Viral: Photography in the Age of Social Media, 2015, UK
- EverydayClimateChange Milan Exhibition part of Milan Expo 2015, Italy
- EverydayClimateChange: Photoville 2015, NYC, USA
(m) + 20 100 906 7777